Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 19th, 2013 08:00

ESRS for File on VNX 5300 Control station NAS version 7.1.65-8

I've got an issue that seems to be getting batted around support with no answers. I have a customer VNX 5300, new install, upgraded to 7.1.65-8, but it won't allow me to enable ESRS for file. It looks like the EMC side of ESRS doesn't recognize this nas code as a valid version but I'm not sure.

Has anyone else seen anything similar? Is anyone else using ESRS for File on the control station?

Here is the error I'm getting (I removed customers info for privacy)

Are you a customer (y/n)?: y

Please enter Powerlink credentials

Username: powerlinkaccount

Powerlink password:

Trying to provision. This may take couple of minutes...

Error downloading software.

Error in downloading bundle from server !!!

Please validate device configuration, correct operating system and memory availability as per EMC Secure Remote Support - IP Solution documentation.

Error in downloading bundle from server !!!

I run the check_esrs_servers command and it returns with everything OK.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 26th, 2013 10:00

I think we discovered it requires a $0 license esrs ip client. To exist at that site id.

16 Posts

March 26th, 2013 12:00

It does require a $0 license, I think the issue we're seeing is that we have it and it still isn't working. On previous versions of the OE we had to contact the powerlink group to get them to set the customers account up properly.

16 Posts

April 5th, 2013 11:00

So the ESRS group must of done something, I just tried activating ESRS for file from the control stations of both the affected VNS 5300s and both activated like a champ. So if you have NAS Code 7.1.65-8 try activating ESRS now and let us know your results. I think I saw at least one other person with the same issue.

No Events found!