Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 2nd, 2015 16:00

Errors After Dissolving SAN Copy Sessions

Cleaning up from an array migration using SAN Copy, on the destination array I dissolved the SAN Copy Connections, the related SAN Zones, and then the SAN Copy sessions. However, Unisphere SP Event Logs now report multiple instances of the below entry every several seconds. Per Unisphere and NaviSecCLI, there are no other SAN Copy sessions on this array. I am not sure what the cause of this log entry is. Did I dissolve the SAN Copy session incorrectly or miss a step?

Description:SANCopy Disk Driver: Search failed : could not find or access FC Port {…WWN Removed…} LUN 0 : status = C000000E

Thank you,

Bryan

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

March 2nd, 2015 17:00

can you post output from

naviseccli -h SPA connection -getset

March 2nd, 2015 19:00

Hi dynamox. Thanks for the quick reply.

Sorry I didn't specify this, but this is an FC SAN infrastructure. It looks like the 'connection' command supports IP based iSCSI/FCoE only. Is there another command I can run to collect the info you are looking for?

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

March 2nd, 2015 20:00

i got a hit in KB but it was for vRPA. As far as you know all sessions were properly terminated (sancopy -remove) ?

19 Posts

March 3rd, 2015 00:00

Whether you have de-registered the san copy initiators?. If not please de register and observe for a while.

March 3rd, 2015 07:00

It looks like I was way off base on the initial troubleshooting analysis. While the errors did start around the time I did the cleanup of the SAN Copy sessions, this appears to have been a coincidence, and I made a poor assumption that it was related. The WWN in the error is actually from a RecoverPoint connection, and I already see the problem.

Thank you both for your input on this. It helped me realize I was looking in the wrong direction.

No Events found!