Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 2nd, 2012 09:00

File Replication limits on VNX5300.

We have a pair of VNX5300 with Datamovers for File I/O. I am looking to setup replication between these arrays.

FC LUNs will use MirrorView for replication, I know 128 replications objects are the limit for this.

What is the file replication limits? Will i have to count this in the 128 replication objects of VNX5300?

Regards,

Surya Kiran C

8.6K Posts

Depends on whether you want to use sync mirroring through MV/S for file or asynchronous Replicator

The concepts, granularity and workings for these two are quite different.

Rainer

8 Posts

Let's just say I am using the Async Replicator, what is the number of Volumes I can replicate?

Regards,

Surya

March 2nd, 2012 15:00

Look to the release notes for the version of VNX OE for File that you are running.  They can be found in PowerLink via the following breadcrumb trail:

Home > Support > Technical Documentation and Advisories > Hardware/Platforms Documentation > VNX Series > Release Notes

For instance, assuming you are running the absolute latest, the following chart are specific to Replicator v2.

Replicator.jpg

Please note how certain maximums will affect others such as even though you can have 1024 replication sessions (VDM's, filesystems, and if granted engineering permission via RPQ: iSCSI LUNs) per datamover, you have to factor in the limit for the total number of sessions for the array as a whole. 

Also, it is worth mentioning that for each replication session it creates two internal checkpoints, so even though you can have 96 R/O checkpoints per filesystem, this is reduced by two with each replication session of that PFS.  It of course, would really only be a concern if you were at (or near) the maximum number of checkpoints per PFS.

No Events found!