Start a Conversation

Unsolved

5 Posts

November 14th, 2018 03:00

Host not logged in SP1

Hi,

I have an EMX VNX 5300 i have problem with some of the hosts lost connectivity with the storage array.The storage array is free from hardware fault.

Attached  is snapshot from SP port details and also screenshot of the the warning error messages. I suspect that fibre channel cable could be a problem from SPA port 1 to the Brocade SAN switch.SP port details  - VNX 5300.JPG.jpg

Path not logged in.JPG.jpg

Please any suggestion?

Regards,

Ibrahim

5 Posts

November 14th, 2018 09:00

Hi,

As i mentioned earlier that am suspecting fibre channel cable could be a culprit, before i changed it i tried to unplug and plug back it solved the issue of loss connectivity. It also rectify issues that was caused by this incident like read and write cache being disabled.

Thanks.

4.5K Posts

November 14th, 2018 11:00

Looks like a SFP or cable issue. Try moving the cable at the switch side to a different free port. Be sure you have soft zoning not hard zoning, correct. If the hosts don't log in, then try replacing the cable, if that doesn't work, then replace the SFP on the SP port - be sure you use an EMC SFP. If the host do log in then replace the SFP on the switch port.

It could also be a dirty cable end - try cleaning the cable ends first.

glen

No Events found!