Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 2nd, 2016 13:00

Host not logged in

Hello ALL,

I am very simple issue . I zoned the servers and manually registered the hosts , however , I am still seeing the status as not logged in . The Initiators are registered .

Host is pinging , I have double checked the zones and there is no hardware issue . What could be th reason and how can I fix it .. Kindly assist ..Host is unix

TY

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

February 2nd, 2016 16:00

if you have triple checked the zoning you could try running some kind of rescan on the host. If that does not work you can try restarting management service on the SPs to rule out GUI issues (https://SPA/setup)

51 Posts

February 3rd, 2016 01:00

Hello!
You have to initiate the rescanning process for the initiators, otherwise they will in in Logged In - NO status. To make is automatically you need to install Unisphere host agent application on the host from EMC. It that case host will be automatically logged (of course zoning should be properly configured for FC and IP network for iSCSI connectivity)

4.5K Posts

February 3rd, 2016 15:00

Are the hosts HP-UX hosts? If so, when there is no IO the ports will appear logged out. Try running some IO to the LUNs.

Glen

No Events found!