Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 2nd, 2013 11:00

How do you get a serial number SR history of a CX, VNX, etc....

Send a mail using exact format:

To: srtext@emc.com

Subject: serial CKM00114900655

Use a valid serial number to substitute the CKM00114900655  above, this will work for serial numbers that have the information available in the http://omega.eng.emc.com / SYR website only and with the format:

< x ammount of numbers

-> this covers VNX, CX, VMAX, centera, etc (other serial numbers will most likely not have the info in SYR)

A response mail should arrive thereafter with the SR history.

Send a mail using exact format:

To: srtext@emc.com

Subject: serial CKM00114900655

Use a valid serial number to substitute the CKM00114900655  above, this will work for serial numbers that have the information available in the http://omega.eng.emc.com / SYR website only and with the format:

< x ammount of numbers

-> this covers VNX, CX, VMAX, centera, etc (other serial numbers will most likely not have the info in SYR)

A response mail should arrive thereafter with the SR history.

674 Posts

July 3rd, 2013 23:00

Keep in mind:

SRtext will only work with emails coming from an "@emc.com" address but it is not limited to mobile devices.

5.7K Posts

July 4th, 2013 07:00

interesting. Why is this limited to EMC internal only? There's no "secret" information there anyway, right?

8.6K Posts

July 4th, 2013 09:00

Because it is an EMC internal tool

467 Posts

July 4th, 2013 11:00

I wish I could get a feature like this for arrays associated with my support account..

5.7K Posts

March 25th, 2015 00:00

On the Online Support website you can go to "view and manage company information", then choose your site id and then "manage site" from the little button in the upper right corner of the list.

Now choose your product and "view product detail", again from the little button in the upper right.

But is seems it won't go back more than 6 months. I guess doing a query from the SR management page does the same thing.

No Events found!