Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 5th, 2017 11:00

How do you get in touch with EMC support?

I have a support contract.

I've opened a ticket.

My first ticket response came 4 minutes after the end of my availability window, by email, which I didn't receive until an hour later.

Today I just want to find out what EMC is expecting next.

Am I waiting for the random tech who got my ticket last night to get back to work in India?  Great - let me know, so I can plan my day.

Am I supposed to close my ticket and open a new one?  I'd do that if I wasn't also being told that 'chat is unavailable', despite the official chat support hours for my product (VNXe 3200) being "24/7/365".

/rant

4.5K Posts

April 10th, 2017 13:00

You can add an update in your case to request a callback or an update.

You can call EMC Support and reference the SR number and ask to speak with the engineer assigned to you case.

glen

2 Posts

April 12th, 2017 04:00

Well yes, I did do all of those things.

I even had several telephone contacts say that they would escalate the service request (which never happened, as far as I can tell).

I finally got a call back 4 days after the service request was opened, on Saturday afternoon.  The support tech proceeded to shutdown the mgmt interface (remotely) and tell me to configure the IPMI interface in order to re-enable the mgmt interface (drive an hour to the office, configure IPMI, drive home...)

I'm sure that EMC support works for someone -- perhaps a large data center with full-time on-site admins to take their random, no-warning call-backs.  I am equally sure that it doesn't work for me - a small, one array, one admin site.

Admittedly, it didn't help that every email from Dell support came from a different server IP address, which caused my email filter's greylisting option to delay delivery for 15 minutes  --  again, I'm certain that a server farm that deals with these folks on a regular basis has no problems.  And again, for a one-man office like me, the Dell/EMC support process just does not work.

4.5K Posts

April 12th, 2017 13:00

I'm sorry that your support experience has not met your expectations. You can contact your local EMC account team or contact the Support center and ask to speak to a manager about your experience and we'll see if we can improve on our support.

glen

No Events found!