2 Bronze

How to add VMax storage to VNX VG50?

Jump to solution

Hello community,

I have a NAS pool that has run out of space and needs to be expanded, it's a gateway model connected to a VMax, I'm no VMax savvy so not sure what guidelines to follow to add new volumes to the VG50, I have added VMax volumes to servers using GUI but not to the NAS head. Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
2 Bronze

Re: How to add VMax storage to VNX VG50?

Jump to solution

Hey Rainer, thanks for your answer.

I managed to extend the pool, I simply looked at the volumes that were allocated and created new ones with the same size, pool and type. After that part is done I added the new volumes into the storage group defined for the pool I was extending, this is the tricky part, when adding the volumes to the SG you have to click on the "Set dynamic LUNs" this to configure the host LUN id >16, after having the correct host LUN IDs just click on OK and Add to SG, that's it from the VMax side, at the head simply run a storage rescan and the pool will be extended.

Regards.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
6 Indium

Jump to solution

Hi,

I would suggest to enage your local EMC or partner service personel to help you

Adding volumes isnt difficult but you need to make sure the the volumes are correctly configured and sized for the NAS head.

Rainer

2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Hey Rainer, thanks for your answer.

I managed to extend the pool, I simply looked at the volumes that were allocated and created new ones with the same size, pool and type. After that part is done I added the new volumes into the storage group defined for the pool I was extending, this is the tricky part, when adding the volumes to the SG you have to click on the "Set dynamic LUNs" this to configure the host LUN id >16, after having the correct host LUN IDs just click on OK and Add to SG, that's it from the VMax side, at the head simply run a storage rescan and the pool will be extended.

Regards.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos