Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 2nd, 2015 18:00

How to configure network interfaces on VNXe 3200

Hi

I am in process of learning EMC storage and just wondering how to assign IP addresses for Storage Processor interfaces. Try to search on google but nothing on configuration in EMC Unisphere

8.6K Posts

October 5th, 2015 03:00

or download the VNXe documentation from support.emc.com or mydocs.emc.com

October 5th, 2015 03:00

Hi Cer113,

Please check the below mentioned white paper:

https://www.emc.com/collateral/white-papers/h13058-vnxe3200-intro-wp.pdf

Thanks

Jyothi

5 Posts

October 6th, 2015 15:00

no answers how to configure ethernet ports. Other storage systems have separate tools like HP 3PAR to configure interface ports just wondering whether this can be done through unisphere

October 6th, 2015 22:00

There two kinds of interfaces in VNXe3200. I'm not sure which one you are asking, so I will explain both.

1. Management Interface

2. LAN/FC interface for storage access.

1. To configure management interface follow the steps in page 21 of document link provided by Jyothi above. In VNXe management IP is assigned to only one SP (not like VNX where you assign IP to both SPs).

2. To configure IP address for data access you need to know what type of access you want - File (NFS/CIFS) or Block (iSCSI).  If you want File access you need to create NAS servers and configure IP address, eth port of any one SP. This NAS server will serve both CIFS and/or NFS.  For iSCSI access you need to create iSCSI interfaces on each SP. All this can be done in Unisphere through wizards easily.

No Events found!