Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 23rd, 2015 08:00

How to reset a VNXe3300 to factory default?

Hi all,

I am struggling to connect to a CNXe3300 system.

I've tried to establish COM connection using the clarrion user and clariion! pass credentials.

I've also tried to configure it with the Connection Utility after pressing the button of the back of the system for two seconds.
None of these methods worked for me.

There is a blue light blinking on the back of both SPs.

Does anyone know another way I can connect to the systems?

March 23rd, 2015 11:00

Hi Bobby,

Let me rephrase your query here.

If you want to reset VNXe to factory default settings, It will wipe out all data and configuration of the system and the unit will be blank with no configuration at all.

If you want to perform this, Via console port,

Login as: service

Password: service (default). If you have configured password, use that.

Command: svc_reinit

Above command will wipe out entire configuration of VNXe and set it to factory default.

If you are in process of setting this VNXe unit for first time and connection utility is not detecting the VNXe, Login via above service credentials

Command: svc_initial_config --add --network "IP Subnet GW" --friendly_name

Above command will run 2.4.0 and above code.

For lower code:

Command: svc_network -i mgmt -a -n -g .

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Swapnil

12 Posts

March 24th, 2015 04:00

Hi Swpnil,

Thank you for your answer.

Actually the problem I experienced was that both SPs were flashing blue and amber light and the system was inaccessible.

For some reason both SPs were in Service mode so I run the "scv_rescue_state -c" and then "svc_shutdown -r" commands to exit service mode and bring it back to Normal.

After that the system was accessible.

Could you please confirm that changing the IP address through the command line won't make the system inaccessible ( I read about that possibility in a post in the past)

Thanks!

Bobby

March 24th, 2015 05:00

Hi Bobby,

That was correct troubleshooting you performed to get SP out of service mode.

Changing IP address from command line should not affect anything to your production.

If you are pressing NMI button for VNXe to detect by connection utility, Please make sure that we should not press NMI button for more than 5-7 seconds.

Regards,

Swapnil

No Events found!