Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 17th, 2014 03:00

If the iMAC server is supported to access VNXe ?

I have iMAC servers on my environment and i need to attach them to VNXe 3150 so if iMAC server available to connect to VNXe3150 iSCSI or file share. the iMAC servers os code version is 10.5.8. 

60 Posts

February 17th, 2014 05:00

HI

MAC OS X 10.8 is supported for CIFS client connectivity in switched environments only. Advanced services (e.g., Replication, snaps, etc.)

are not supported.

Also  check the link

7 Posts

February 17th, 2014 10:00

Thanks Sameeksha for your helpful answer ,so as per attached document my MAC servers with code 10.5.8 not supported to access VNXe CIIFS share . Also this mean MAC servers not support to access VNXe iSCSI or NFS.

8.6K Posts

February 18th, 2014 13:00

The support matrix doesnt list old releases like 10.5.8 – which was released in 2009

I think it has been considered end-of-life by Apple for quite some time now

That doesnt necessarily mean it will not work

February 18th, 2014 15:00

I would also look at your active directory group policy settings.  Make sure you are following the recommendations for Mac clients such as smb signing....  I've had success with 10.4+ mac clients connecting to our VNXe CIFS.

7 Posts

March 4th, 2014 04:00

Hello Captainflannel,

thanks for your reply ,but our client doesn't have active directory for MAC OS Clients but he have open directory and when i configured CIFS share on VNXe as standalone share and tried to access it through the MAC clients i can't access. so i need more details from you about your situation on MAC side and on VNXe side to make MAC Clients access CIFS share successfully.

March 4th, 2014 08:00

If you do not have the VNXe bound to active directory, is it bound to your OS X Open Directory or some other LDAP Server?  What is performing user/password authentication for the VNXe for the CIFS shares?  Also for the MAC clients what is the Search Order for authentication order in Directory Utililty?

Community Manager

• 

6.1K Posts

March 4th, 2014 18:00

Hey,

You can check MAC related content from related VNXe Series Simple Support Matrix on page 2.

MAC.png

So, if your MAC OS is 10.8, the MAC server can connect to VNXe CIFS. But cannot support Replication, snaps etc for the CIFS. Also this mean MAC servers not support to connect VNXe iSCSI or NFS officially. Hope this helps!

No Events found!