Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 30th, 2010 05:00

Is there a simple way to make the C:\ writable for the domain administrator of a windows domain?

I am using EMC celerra (an EMC celerra virtual machine. It is a Celerra simulator) The EMC Celerra is put into a windows 2k3 domain. Via the EMC web interface, I added the domain administrator to have the root user privilege (selected all the rights).

When I do run \\CelerraComputerName\C$ from the windows domain computer, I can view the C:\ However, when I try to create a directory under this C:\, I got an access denied message. But I can create folders in a sub folder of C:\.

But my task requires to create a C:\Program files folder.

From the Windows domain control computer, using the "Active Directory Users and Computers" I see the owner of the C:\ is UNIX GID=0x1 ", but it does not have the full Control. And I could not change the permissions for it. In addition, I could not add another user or change permission using the advanced button.

Is a simple way to make the C:\ writable for the domain administrator of a windows domain computer?

Thanks for your help!

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

November 30th, 2010 06:00

that is not going to work. Did you follow these steps ?

1) create virtual datamover

2) create file system inside of that virtual datamover

3) create CIFS server inside of the virtual datamover

4) use MMC or Celerra manager to create CIFS shares

790 Posts

November 30th, 2010 06:00

Your original message was posted in the ECN Help Forum... and that area is for questions about using the EMC Community Network, not EMC products.

The discussion has been moved to the Unified Storage community

2 Posts

November 30th, 2010 11:00

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. It is very helpful.

No Events found!