Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 28th, 2010 18:00

Issue downloading code upgrades via NST or USM

I am having trouble getting either Navi Service Taskbar or Unisphere Service Mgr to successfully download new code updates from PowerLink at a new site.  Either tool can successfully connect to PowerLink and retrieve a list of updates, but when I tell it to go ahead and download them for installation I get the following error for every module it tries to download:

Could not download file CX4-Bundle-04.30.000.5.005.pbu.

Socket Error

This could be a firewall issue, or something else but I am having trouble identifying the root cause.  Has anyone ever run into this before and know what to do to correct the issue?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 6th, 2010 20:00

Easiest method, open a browser and goto powerlink and download it directly.

http://powerlink.emc.com/km/live1/en_US/Offering_Technical/Software_Download/CX4-Bundle-04.30.000.5.005.pbu

I honestly don't find NST or USM to be more advantageous to use when trying to download packages.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 13th, 2011 22:00

I'm also getting this error.  I need to make it work for a customer demo.  Any thoughts appreciated...

24 Posts

January 14th, 2011 01:00

I'm not certain what the error would be; hopefully more than just "Socket Error", but to obtain it automatically through the tools does require the array to be registered.  Then again, I would assume there would be a different error so as Wes mentioned, it might be a legitimate network issue.  I, like Wes, just download it separately.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 14th, 2011 01:00

The machine is registered and picks up the technical advisories ok.  From what I've seen elsewhere it may be due to the machine being on the internal network and a firewall issue.

No Events found!