Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

November 1st, 2010 12:00

Issues setting up SMI-S Provider with Celerra Simulator (DART 6.0 Version)

We're trying to setup the Celerra Simulator (DART 6.0) version to talk to the SMI-S Provider, and have run into some issues. We've set up the Celerra Simulator per the install instructions using VMPlayer. I can connect to the Simulator using EMC Unisphere. I've installed the EMC SMI-S Provider on my laptop and when I try to connect to the simulator using TestSmiProvider.exe, I keep getting this error:

Error: The requested object cannot be found. (com.emc.cmp.osls.se.osl.DiscoveryS
ervices.StorInstanceDiscover():142 C:ERROR_CLASS_SOFTWARE F:ERROR_FAMILY_NOT_FOU
ND R:1000052 L:2 1000052 : "No objects of the requested type were found" : "SymD
iscover Failed" : 2 : 40 : "No devices were found")

Are there other prerequisites to get the SMI-S Provider to talk to the Simulator? Any guidance on setting this up would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sunil

1 Message

December 6th, 2011 23:00

me too

181 Posts

December 9th, 2011 06:00

Sunil,

The celerra simulator is based off a gateway model of a celerra.  My understanding of how SMI-S interacts with this is that it is supposed to talk directly to the clariion back end.  Since there is no clariion in this simulator (you don't have IPs for each SP), it has nothing to talk to and that is why you are getting the "no devices were found" error.

-Sean

8.6K Posts

December 29th, 2011 15:00

which SMI-S provider ?

there are actually two - one for file built into the Celerra / VNX controlstation and a seperate one for block as part of the ECOM package that runs on an external server.

The former should work with the Simulator but need to be enabled - see the documentation on Powerlink.

The latter one uses Solutions Enabler to talk to the VNX block / Clariion so it wont work with the Simulator.

3 Posts

September 6th, 2013 02:00

how to enable the one for file built into the Celerra / VNX controlstation ?

i can not find the document on Powerlink, would you give a url?

thank you.

No Events found!