Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 13th, 2012 13:00

MIBs for VNX5300

I am looking for MIBs for VNX5300 to see if I can monitor my VNX through Whats Up Gold.  Are there any published MIBs specifically for VNX5300?  Please help?

67 Posts

March 6th, 2012 05:00

Hi there!

The MIB for block side for VNX is already installed on both sp's

Lets you enable or disable processing of SNMP MIB requests.

1. In the systems drop-down list on the menu bar, select a storage system.

2. Select Settings and from the task list under Network Settings, select Edit Network Settings - SPA or Edit Network Settings- SPB.

3. Select Network

4. Select or clear the Enable/Disable processing of SNMP MIB read requests check box.

5. Click OK to save the changes and close the dialog box.

SNMP community :Name for the SNMP transaction with a remote system. This is used as a password to control access to the

SNMP MIB. Lets you change the name of the group SNMP community that includes devices and management stations that are running SNMP.

Cheers!

Geraldo 

March 8th, 2012 16:00

Hi,

as far as I was able to check MIB object tree implamentation is quite poor. Performed an snmpwalk on a VNX 5500 block (Flare 05.31): only some SNMPv2-MIB, IF-MIB and IP-MIB relate objects but no info on disks, raid groups, LUNs, storage groups, temperature, power .....

Maybe SNMP is not the right way to monitor a VNX.

Cheers

Fulvio

78 Posts

August 30th, 2015 17:00

Where can we download those MIB's

Is there a command to do that or a file from GUI

67 Posts

August 31st, 2015 05:00

Hi There

Check this thead. You can find your answer there!

SNMP config file/MIB modification on VNX

Cheers!

Geraldo

78 Posts

August 31st, 2015 08:00

Thanks Geraldo,

It says the /nas/sys/emccelerra.mib needs to be modified by adding a unique number to each trap. is it what you are referring to

8.6K Posts

August 31st, 2015 12:00

The post Geraldo is pointing to ONLY talks about SNMP traps sent from the control station – see the Event and Notifications on VNX manual.

This has little relevance for the MIB’s used for SNMP get from CS, DM or SP

In fact the snmpd on the CS isn’t even used to send these traps – its nas_snmptrap

Rainer

8.6K Posts

August 31st, 2015 14:00

For Fibre Alliance MIB see https://community.emc.com/message/568645

8.6K Posts

August 31st, 2015 14:00

Where to find the MIB’s

for VNX block (SNMP on the storage processor)

https://support.emc.com/kb/45264

there also also a dozen values from the Fibre Alliance MIB (FCMGMT-MIB 1.3.6.1.3.94) implemented

for VNX file (SNMP on the data mover)

https://support.emc.com/kb/34733

located in /nas/sys/emccelerra.mib

for the control station (not enabled by default)

see the standard Linux snmpd config files

MIB definitions in /usr/share/snmp/mibs

For anything else that’s not covered in the MIB’s I recommend taking a look at VNX M&R for monitoring instead

78 Posts

August 31st, 2015 16:00

Thanks Rainer

40 Posts

September 1st, 2015 04:00

Hi.

A lot of good information from everyone, but thought you might get a kick out of the following which I periodically use when I am stuck trying to locate various MIBs.

Link:  mibDepot: Home Page

Always great when you can get them from the source, but wonderful to have a resource available to provide a helping hand if/when you run into a road block.

Best Wishes

8.6K Posts

September 1st, 2015 06:00

Nice and similar to oidview.com

They are nice but they dont show what standard MIB’s are implemented like RFC-1213 in a device

They also don’t explain the SNMP basics

No Events found!