Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 25th, 2013 08:00

OE7.1 OSX Mavericks File Access Problem

Hi,

Just to warn you our VNX's are not configured in a standard configuration so please don;t think this problem applies to all VNX OE 7.1 appliances.

We have ATMOS, CTA and VNX. We are undertaking some testing of Mac OS X Mavericks. We have found an issue with with moving files from VNX to a OSX Mavericks client using folders. When downloading large files (over 600Kb) we get the following error shown.

The operation can't be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -8084)

Which could be an bug etc. In logs we see the following

25/10/2013 16:05:28.000 kernel[0]: smb2_smb_read_write_fill: len got reduced, must be running low on credits

Which is a big concerning because we have a workaround applied for a problem with ATMOS. We have the VNX data movers configuration value of max_credit set to 64.

Can anyone give me any advice on this as SMB2 credits isn't exactly well documented.

We don't appear to get the same problem when using the command line on OSX which makes little sense.

The files are not tiered/stubbed to ATMOS they are located on VNX.

I will be taking the matter up with Apple but due to the non-standard configuration it would be helpful to understand what the possible issues could be.

Regards,

Gareth

5 Posts

March 4th, 2019 01:00

same problem also with the successive ones, mojave and acnhe worse. Directories that are closed by themselves, you must restart the mac to make all the folders reappear, it is an EMC2 tragedy on MAC OS clients

8.6K Posts

March 4th, 2019 08:00

I would suggest to open a service reqeust to that this can be analyzed by customer service

No Events found!