Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 18th, 2017 04:00

RPC Error while starting the VirusChecker service on Data Mover

Hi All,

I configured viruschk.config and CAVA (CEE 8.0.0) 64bit on Windows 2012 R2 64 bit with Symantec Endpoint Protection version 12.1 64bit for my VNX2 Unified Storage.

I followed all the steps mentioned in the guide "Using the Common Event Enabler on Windows Platforms".

I have told that to make Antivirus for my CIFS share possible I should have Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) Engine where the Article from Symantec mentioned that it can possible through SEP Client too. (Refer below article - TECH158216).

Is Symantec Endpoint Protection supported with Celerra AntiVirus Agent Connector (CAVA)

=================================================

It is important to note that if the SEP client being used to perform the scanning is a client managed by a Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager server, the scanning of network files will need to be enabled within the group policy for the client within the SEPM and not just on the client itself.

=====================================================

I am not using "Group Policy within SEPM and "scanning of network files" option is selected appropriately as guide requested for on my SEP Client.

Apart from the above I am getting below errors while starting the VirusCHK service:

1484736402: RPC: 5: CLIENT::CLIENT3(avSvy) 0x0116cc3e08:  Port acquisition failed for Rpc service 1062247 version 3 on host XX.XX.XX.XX

1484736402: VC: 3: 33: Error on CAVA server XX.XX.XX.XX: OFFLINE.

My viruschecker.conf content is:

masks=*.*

addr=XX.XX.XX.XX:XX.XX.XX.YY

shutdown=viruschecking

My questions

1) How to resolve the RPC error issue??

2) Do SEP Engine (manager) server is necessity to run CAVA services for CIFS share scanning??

3) What should be the issue with starting cepp service as per below issue?

[nasadmin@CS0 ~]$ more cepp.conf

surveytime=90

ft level=0

msrpcuser=my.personal.domain\ldapvnxusr

pool name=pool1 servers= cava01.my.personal.domain|cava02.my.personal.domain \

preevents=* postevents=* posterrevents=* option=ignore \

reqtimeout=500 \

retrytimeout=50

[nasadmin@CS0 ~]$ server_cepp server_2 -service -start

server_2 :

Error 13162905632: server_2 : Invalid MS-RPC User: 'my.personal.domain\ldapvnxusr'.

[nasadmin@CS0 ~]$

18 Posts

January 20th, 2017 02:00

Hi All,

Just like to update you all VNX Unified masters.

I found my answers and would like to contribute to the community

1) How to resolve the RPC error issue??

It is basically a port issue between CAVA server and CIFS server IP. Need to check on Network and Firewall.

2) Do SEP Engine (manager) server is necessity to run CAVA services for CIFS share scanning??

There is no so called component called Engine (beware Support would confuse you on this a lot). A normal SEP Client with all mentioned steps in CEE Guide followed should work for you.

Mine is working with CEE 8.0.0 + WIn 2012 R2 + SEP 12.1 (all are 64 bit)

3) What should be the issue with starting cepp service as per below issue?

The cepp is not necessary if you are not using any publishing application. Though in the CEE installation you will see Error messages related to this in CAVA Server (Event viewer). Just ignore them.

In last thanks for all those different forums and enthusiast in EMC Community and Symantec Community who contributed this CEE / VEE topic and spread the word of knowledge.

Keep exploring new highs

Cheers!

No Events found!