Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 23rd, 2018 05:00

Stop FTP service

Hello.

We have a few IP addresses that have FTP connection open on our VNX. We wish to close it down but I'm unable to find this configuration on the Unisphere. I'm not sure but these IP addresses seem to be related with Data Mover server_2, and / or NAS.

But the FTP Network Service for the node server_2 is Disabled on "Network->Settings For File" configuration.

I also confirmed by running "server_ftp server_2 -service -status" on the command line, it returns State: stopped.

The fact is that I can connect to FTP somewhere on the VNX. We have three IP addresses that are accepting the requests.

It returns:

Connected to 192.168.xxx.xxx.

220 server_2 FTP server (EMC-SNAS: 6.0.70.4) ready.

200 UTF8 set to ON

User (192.168.xxx.xxx:(none)):

Then I cannot login with nasadmin or sysadmin passwords, but anyway the objective is to close it down.

Can anyone help on this?

48 Posts

March 28th, 2018 07:00

Hi.

Support helped me to confirm that the mentioned VNX doesn't have these IP configured so it had to be other box.

It turns out that it was an old Celerra that we don't use anymore, on a Clariion we have. I was able to login to it and add it to Unisphere, and disable the FTP.

I thought this old Celerra was not online anymore. The Unisphere wasn’t connected to the old Celerra, was only connected to the Clariion, that is why I was not able to find it at first.

Thank you for the help.

8.6K Posts

March 26th, 2018 04:00

do a server_ifconfig ALL -a

and /sbin/ifconfig on the control stations

for ftp to the data mover nasadmin/sysadmin would be unusual - there the passwd file on the DM plus NIS/LDAP would be used.

see the VNX ftp manual available from support.emc.com

If you are *sure* that the interface IP is on the data mover where ftp service is stopped then open a service request with support - that would be a bug

48 Posts

March 26th, 2018 05:00

Hi Rainer. Thank you for the reply.

I've ran the commands on both control stations.

The server_ifconfig will only run on the active CS.

Anyway, both commands returns several IP addresses configured, but none of them is any of the three IP addresses that are receiving FTP connections.

I've opened a case with support. Lets see how it goes.

8.6K Posts

March 27th, 2018 03:00

maybe a different VNX ?

check that you are executing the command correctly

Its not very likely that there is an interface that doesnt get listed

do a grep in /etc/hosts

whats the full IP ?

maybe its one of the interfaces on the internal mgmt network - but then it would ONLY be accessible from the control station directly

No Events found!