Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 31st, 2022 03:00

The NMI button does not reset the password - VNX5400

I have a vnx5400 that I haven't used for a long time and I don't remember the login credentials.

I am trying to do a password reset with the physical button on the SP (initially in the SPA). I follow the procedure that should work but there is no way.
I keep the button pressed for 2-3 seconds, but I don't see the alarm led turn blue or just do something. Nothing happens.
I try on the SPB, nothing happens either.

I have a serial cable to connect but I can't see the system message either, just strange characters. I have tried almost all possible speeds (9600, 38400, 115200, etc etc) and I do not see the system message. In a VNX3150 hardware with that same cable I don't have that problem.
I can access the management ip and enter credentials but without success.
I have tried with:
admin/Password123#
nasadmin/nasadmin
root/nasadmin
clarion/clarion!

None works.

Why doesn't the hard reset with the physical button work?

Thanks in advance.

• 

6.9K Posts

June 2nd, 2022 09:00

Hello ubun3t,

PPP Connection - Error 777: The connection attempt failed because the modem ( Or other connecting device ) On the remote computer is out of order.  I would try to reboot the sp’s and then try the connection again.

• 

6.9K Posts

May 31st, 2022 10:00

Hello ubun3t,

I have found that a paper clip works the best to push the reset button.  If you hold it in for 3-4 seconds you should see the blue light & then should be able to follow the rest of the steps and reset the password.

15 Posts

May 31st, 2022 12:00

Thanks Sam, 

I have tried several times. I'd be pretty frustrated if it worked just by changing the pressure object  

I have used what usually comes with mobile phones to remove the SIM/SD.

Regards,

• 

6.9K Posts

May 31st, 2022 15:00

Hello ubun3t,

Here is a link to a KB that you can try to use to gain access.

https://dell.to/3GC6saq

15 Posts

June 2nd, 2022 03:00

Hi Sam,I have tried to configure dialup without success.

I am using a serial cable DB9(COM1) to mini-DB9(VNX). A null-modem as well.

I have configured all settings as indicate in guide. This is a video well explained: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcTxJnf62cA 

But always has 777 error.  That could be happening?

15 Posts

June 7th, 2022 09:00

Hi, after several reboots of the PC (after
setting to 115200,8,N,1) and some of VNX5400, I was able to connect and "domain repair". After that it asked me to add user/pass on the first Unisphere login.

15 Posts

June 7th, 2022 10:00

Is it possible to use this hardware without a "Control station" ?
In the past I had a CS set up but I don't have it anymore.

• 

6.9K Posts

June 7th, 2022 16:00

Hello ubun3t,

You can use a vnx system without a control station.

No Events found!