Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 13th, 2011 17:00

Tier Advisor Tool

Is there an equivalent tool for the Clariion?

75 Posts

January 17th, 2011 17:00

Yes, I am working on that this last few months, and we are very close to release. Hoping to iron out the last few bugs this week, release hopefully at end of month, but nothing is certain as yet. The CLARiiON module will work seamlessly, using NAR files (NAZ must be decrypted first, at least in first release) and, if more granularity is desired, PERF_TRACE files (KTR or RBA/RBA.ZIP). Even without the trace the TA code will estimate a sublun skew. So far, looks pretty smart.

2.1K Posts

January 18th, 2011 10:00

Is this just going to get released to the field, or are we customers going to have access as well? I suppose we can always go through our CE/TC, but it would be nice to be able to handle this internally.

75 Posts

January 18th, 2011 13:00

Hi Allen, initial launch is intended for EMC Field. This is being done by the performance community - making a product would require a much higher level of involvement by the development teams, QA, documentation etc. Same goes for my Unified analytical tools....it's just me (and a couple other code--happy engineers), coding, writing the docs, doing support.

2.1K Posts

January 19th, 2011 13:00

I understand that. Been there, done that myself a few times. I wonder if there would be a way to release to specific customers under a combination NDU/agreement of "as is" functionality...?

Not sure if that type of thing would be possible with the legal ramifications, or if it would be more work than it was worth. I for one would be interested in that if it were offered though.

75 Posts

January 19th, 2011 13:00

understood but 'legal' - that is the catch Allen - the legal responsibility, management of that risk etc. Some of us are doing this work at least partly on weekends & evenings, and lunches as it is. No 'spare' time for writing contracts. Time will tell if htis tool gets a larger audience.

115 Posts

May 11th, 2011 00:00

Hi David

did you get a chance to finish the advisor tool ? Any chance its available to EMC partners ?

thanks

Paul

75 Posts

May 11th, 2011 07:00

it only last week went 'public' to emc internal, I will check with Symm Eng to see when they plan partners distribution. CLARiiON is in there, NARs from R26 to R30, but no pool lun support yet (wont read pool LUN data) working on that now.

115 Posts

May 11th, 2011 12:00

thanks david

No Events found!