Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

U

November 25th, 2015 12:00

Trying to setup SanCopy between 2 VNX arrays

Ive been reading a doc (http://finland.emc.com/collateral/TechnicalDocument/docu10319.pdf) and trying to follow the steps to setup sancopy.

Im doing this using naviseccli in order to document the exact steps/sequence needed, while using the GUI to monitor and review what im doing.

I setup the zoning as recomended, with VNX1 SP's connected to VNX2 SP's.

Switch 1:

zone:  SCZ1 vnx1a2; vnx2a2
zone:  SCZ2 vnx1a2; vnx2b2
zone:  SCZ3 vnx1b2; vnx2a2
zone:  SCZ4 vnx1b2; vnx2b2

Switch 2:

zone:  SCZ1 vnx1a3; vnx2a3
zone:  SCZ2 vnx1a3; vnx2b3
zone:  SCZ3 vnx1b3; vnx2a3
zone:  SCZ4 vnx1b3; vnx2b3

What im seeing is the following (just 1 array shown, the other looks similar):

Im not sure if this is good or bad, given the yellow-warning signs on the left.

The doc sais you have to add the sancopy connections to a storage group, but im not finding the naviseccli command structure for doing that task. It would be the equilivant of this GUI except as a CLI command.

Can anyone point me to the correct naviseccli command for doing this task?

62 Posts

November 26th, 2015 22:00

Hello,

Check the navicli manual: docu47580_VNX-Command-Line-Interface-Reference-for-Block-5.33.pdf

Page 495:

Connecting SAN Copy ports to storage groups

Note

Each SAN Copy port acts like a host initiator and, therefore, can connect to only one

storage group at a time in a storage system.

In order for the LUNs to be accessible to the SAN Copy ports, you must connect the SAN

Copy ports to the storage groups in which the LUNs reside. When connecting to the

storage group, SAN Copy lets you select all available SP ports with valid connections to

the storage group, or it lets you select specific ports.

If all participating logical units of a remote storage system already belong to the same

storage group, you can connect SAN Copy ports to the existing storage group. However, if

the logical units belong to different storage groups, we recommend that you create one or

more new storage groups, place the logical units in these storage groups, and then

connect SAN Copy ports to them. This is the only time we recommend placing the same

logical unit in more than one storage group.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

November 27th, 2015 16:00

naviseccli -h 10.23.66.19 storagegroup -setpath -gname ns120-vnx-migration -hbauid 50:06:01:60:BC:E0:1C:06:50:06:01:63:3C:E0:1C:06 -sp a -spport 0

in this instance storage group "ns120-vnx-migration" already exists. This storage group will be used for placing SANCopy target devices.

17 Posts

December 1st, 2015 09:00

https://support.emc.com/docu32565_White_Paper:_SAN_Copy_-_A_Detailed_Review.pdf?language=en_US

I found the SAN copy white paper really helpful when I was setting up sancopy.

No Events found!