Start a Conversation

Unsolved

K

6 Posts

November 28th, 2022 15:00

Unable to login to VNX 5200

Hello,

I have recently been tasked with trying to get a lab environment up and running. There was a environment previously, but about a year ago it went down. We have a VNX 5200, that looks to have been used for the old environment. I saw that because I am unable to get into it. Here is the list of steps I have tried.

1. In browser go to the IP address that I found in some documents, I get the following error JRE is required for this application to run. Please refer to the EMC product release notes for supported JRE versions. Please visit http://www.oracle.com to install the 32-bit version for JRE. 

2. I Tried to use the VNX Launcher which uses the Portable Edition for Firefox, through there I get FxApplet: Failed to validate certificate. The application will be executed. PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.certpathvalidatorexception. I tried using a laptop with a time setback to before the contraint date, but the device was able to determine the time anyways. 

3. I tried to use DellEMC OpenManage, but when I tried to login I get Login failed.... Internal Error.

4. I have tried to use PuTTY but Network error: Software caused connection abort. 

5. I have tried connecting directly to the VNX, and I get the same errors. 

6. I just tried to do it through IE, but also got the same errors.

I was going to try some of the steps in this article: https://www.penguinpunk.net/blog/emc-basics-accessing-remotelyanywhere-on-vnx-with-mcx/ but a lot of them are for windows 7, and I don't want to go through all of these, if there was a way I was missing, or they wouldn't work anyways. 

Thanks in advice for any help. 

• 

6.9K Posts

November 29th, 2022 07:00

Hello ksclifton,

Here are a few links that maybe of assistance.

https://dell.to/3UhKgr6

https://dell.to/3Ub2jzm

https://dell.to/3UhKQ8x

6 Posts

November 29th, 2022 10:00

Hello Sam,

I don't have the original account who was assigned to Dell account that was created when the device was installed, so It appears that I don't have correct permissions to access any of the links that you provided. 

• 

6.9K Posts

November 29th, 2022 14:00

Hello ksclifton,

VNX: Cannot login to Unisphere from the Management station

Summary: Management station running Watch4Net VNX Monitoring & Reporting tool is unable to login to Unisphere after a password change.

Audience Level: Customer

Article Content

Symptoms

VNX sysadmin password changed.

Unable to manage the array from the management station.

The user changed the VNX sysadmin password. Following that the user could not login to Unisphere from the management host. When the user attempted to login to SPA (domain primary) the user gets an error:

Unable to access security information

Logging in SPB just hangs.

Logging into the CS gives the following login error:

An error occurred during the login process. This may be because:

1. Certificates are not accepted.
2. Both storage processors or the control station are not accessible.
3. You have logged in to a File or Block system using a local user account not defined on the File and Block systems.

Found the following event repeatedly logging in the SP logs:

7d0 Client is not allowed to login trial because login failure time exceeded the limits from client with username sysadmin

Excessive occurrences of this event indicates that there is a script/process running on the identified host attempting to login to the array with incorrect credentials. After a number of incorrect attempts the host will be blocked and not allowed to login to the array. We updated the password in the EMC Reporting and Monitoring Tool and the test worked okay but the issue persisted.

Cause

The Watch4Net Monitoring and Reporting tool uses the naviseccli security file stored on the host, changing the password in the tool does not update the security file.

Resolution

Workaround:
Run a  naviseccli removeusersecurity command before changing the sysadmin password, once the password has been changed run a  naviseccli addusersecurity to create a new security file with the new credentials.

Additional Information

If the  naviseccli removeusersecurity command failed, refer to EMC Knowledgebase solution Article number:170594

• 

8.5K Posts

November 30th, 2022 11:00

is there a security file in the path specified?

6 Posts

November 30th, 2022 11:00

Hello Sam,

I am new to naviseccli. I don't want to make any changes to the VNX that might cause any issues with it running, because I don't have any documentation and I can't access the device, I am not sure if it is being use for anything. 

Also, when I run the -secfilepath, I get the message "Security file not found. Already removed or check -secfilepath option.  

6 Posts

November 30th, 2022 12:00

I'll start with, I didn't run the -secfilepath command. in the text I mention above, I did not receive any more information than I posted above. I am reading through the documentation, so I don't run a command that makes any changes.

I was able to login using the cli with -address -user -password -scope 0, I received the message would you like to accept the certificate, after accepting I received a list of possible commands. 

No Events found!