Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 3rd, 2013 07:00

Unisphere event codes for SNMP managment

Hi community,

I'm looking for a list with Unisphere event codes. I have archived an old document from 2002 which describes Navisphere event codes. But I guess some things have changed meanwhile.

We try to define certain events from the VNX block and forward them to our SNMP Management station for our internal event monitoring. Using the Unisphere template is not very comfortable because there is no chance to search for a text string.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Dieter

1.2K Posts

September 3rd, 2013 10:00

If you take a look at the EMC Document, "Command Line Interface Reference for Block", you'll find the full listing of CLI error codes that would be returned to the naviseccli command and match the error in the Unisphere Event Notification template. 

Have a look and see if this output matches your needs.

Thanks!

Karl

59 Posts

September 5th, 2013 01:00

Hi Karl,

thanks for your reply.

I've had a look in the "VNX Command Line Interface Reference for Block" Release 5.33 but didn't find information about event codes. If you have a document can you please share it?

Thanks

Dieter

1.2K Posts

September 5th, 2013 13:00

In that document, did you look at the section "Secure CLI Error Codes"?  These are the codes that will map back to the same errors you'd get frmo the Event Notification template.  Have a look and see if this helps.

Thanks!

Karl

59 Posts

September 6th, 2013 07:00

Sorry, can't find it in that document. Event Manager Error Codes must be a few hundred. Maybe there is another documentation?

Thanks

Dieter

1.2K Posts

September 6th, 2013 13:00

Ah - you're right.  I just noticed 5.33 removed sections from older versions.  Try searching for an older version of the guide, "VNX Command Line (CLI) Reference for Block 1.0".  The CLI error codes are at pages 1150 or so onward:

snip.PNG.png

59 Posts

September 9th, 2013 04:00

Found it! Thank you very much!

It describes CLI error codes and they refer to Event Manager codes. But I believe Event Manager can do a few things more. If you look at a template you'll find events like "Storage Pool x is x% full". But how to define limits?

EMC documentation on SNMP management for VNX (Block) is between few and far .

Regards

Dieter

No Events found!