Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 20th, 2011 07:00

VMWare SRM 5.0 support.

Is there any news on support for the VNXe in VMWare Site Recovery Manager 5.0?

The timeline was Q4 2011.

THNX.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 8th, 2012 11:00

VNXe currently does not support VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM).  SRM leverages the data replication capabilities of the underlying storage system through an interface called Site Recovery Adapter (SRA). 

SRA for File/NFS support for VNXe was originally planned for the MR2 release.  Unfortunately, this did not make it into the MR2 release (Q1'12),

We are targeting Q4'2012 for SRM/SRA NFS support for VNXe.

38 Posts

October 20th, 2011 08:00

We are targetting Q1'2012 for SRM support for VNXe.

7 Posts

October 20th, 2011 10:00

THNX for the update.

63 Posts

November 4th, 2011 00:00

I assume this post is referring to SRA's being released for VNXe devices?

You probably already know this but as an interim solution SRM 5 offer vSphere Replication. Granted its not as integrated as using SRA's but I do have a couple of customers who are pleased with the functionality this is giving them. Just thought I'd mention it.

38 Posts

November 4th, 2011 09:00

The SRA for VNXe will be NFS only in MR2. I just wanted to mention that also.

Thanks,

Laurie

March 27th, 2012 05:00

When you say vSphere replication, is that a new functionality of VMware or it will still ride the replication capability of the storage? Also, I'm new to SRM and SRA, will it be possible for you to discuss it further?

66 Posts

March 27th, 2012 07:00

Hello,

I checked with VNXe Product Management to confirm status.  We are targeting 2H2012 for VMware Site Recovery Manager support.  The SRA is the Site Recovery Adapter that EMC creates to allow customers to manage the array-replication failover and failback operations. 

I hope this clarifies the status for you.

Kind Regards

Graeme

52 Posts

March 27th, 2012 10:00

Both NFS and iSCSI are still not available????  Wow.....

17 Posts

April 20th, 2012 20:00

Guys, we really need SRM support...this is getting silly.

63 Posts

April 21st, 2012 07:00

Yes the replication is VMware vSphere 5 / SRM 5 enabled and is independant of the array. Got this working well for a few customers but the SRA will simplify things.

9 Posts

July 16th, 2012 22:00

EMC really? How long has it been now? over 1+ year.

Is the VNXe the step-child?

There are some customers who got VNXe with the anticipation of SRM support!

September 28th, 2012 10:00

This is a shame. My client bought 2 VNXe's based on our recommendation and the expectation that they would soon have the SRA compatibility in MR2. They have been waiting for this for well over a year. They are going to need another SAN to support a VDI initiative and I can guarantee they don't have warm fuzzies for EMC going into the purchase phase based on that fact.They upgraded the first VNXe 3100  to  2.2.0.19078  to get this functionality and were going to do the other site next week so I could come back out to finish the SRM deployment for them before we start on the VDI. Is there any reason I should defend EMC's lack of support and disregard for the SMB's that grow into  their enterprise customers? Is their any news on the horizon on SRM? (not another empty promise). I'll be back out there next week doing damage control so please let us know something.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 28th, 2012 15:00

Hello,

SRA/SRM (NFS) support will be available on the VNXe in MR4 (early Q1'2013).  The targeted availability date (i.e. posted on PowerLink for download) is Jan 2013.

There was a beta available for SRA File/NFS functionality.  Not sure if the beta is closed, but I can check if you think your client will be interested.

Regards,

Veena

October 1st, 2012 06:00

Please check to see if they can get into the beta before I approach it with them. The customer is getting rather aggravated.

Thanks

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 1st, 2012 07:00

Hello,

Can you please send me an email with the customer's name and location.  

My email address is Veena.Joshi@emc.com

Regards,

Veena

No Events found!