VNXe currently does not support VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM). SRM leverages the data replication capabilities of the underlying storage system through an interface called Site Recovery Adapter (SRA).
SRA for File/NFS support for VNXe was originally planned for the MR2 release. Unfortunately, this did not make it into the MR2 release (Q1'12),
We are targeting Q4'2012 for SRM/SRA NFS support for VNXe.
EMC really? How long has it been now? over 1+ year.
Is the VNXe the step-child?
There are some customers who got VNXe with the anticipation of SRM support!
This is a shame. My client bought 2 VNXe's based on our recommendation and the expectation that they would soon have the SRA compatibility in MR2. They have been waiting for this for well over a year. They are going to need another SAN to support a VDI initiative and I can guarantee they don't have warm fuzzies for EMC going into the purchase phase based on that fact.They upgraded the first VNXe 3100 to 188.8.131.5278 to get this functionality and were going to do the other site next week so I could come back out to finish the SRM deployment for them before we start on the VDI. Is there any reason I should defend EMC's lack of support and disregard for the SMB's that grow into their enterprise customers? Is their any news on the horizon on SRM? (not another empty promise). I'll be back out there next week doing damage control so please let us know something.
SRA/SRM (NFS) support will be available on the VNXe in MR4 (early Q1'2013). The targeted availability date (i.e. posted on PowerLink for download) is Jan 2013.
There was a beta available for SRA File/NFS functionality. Not sure if the beta is closed, but I can check if you think your client will be interested.
Hi Veena. I have a customer we are currently utilizing vSphere Replication for. It is painful at best. I don't see anything on Powerlink about the SRA other than it will be available this quarter. Is there an update? Barring an imminent release, can I get access to the beta for our customer? I also have a 2nd customer looking to implement a second VNXe and this would make the deployment for their BC imminently easier.