Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

January 26th, 2012 15:00

VNX 5300 SRM config

Hello everyone,

New to this so sorry if this is elementary. I have a VNX5300 with block and file storage. Block for VMs and file for storage stictly. I have ESX 4.1 and SRM and the VNX SRA installed on both primary and secondary vCenter servers. The two are connected and I can see the arrays. When I rescan the arrays I get an error "Unable to display Datastore groups. Replicated Devices could not be matched with Datastores in Inventory"

When I look at the SAN log it seems to only be finding the file and not looking at the block? This makes sense since the NAS has no datastores. Do I need to install any other SRA's etc to get this to work? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thx!

67 Posts

January 27th, 2012 05:00

Hi Doubleroll

We thank you for using EMC's Forum!

Please follow the procedure bellow and let us know the outcome!

Ensure that the target LUN has been presented to the DR host. Perform the following steps:

1. Before you install SRM, test the Replica LUN on the DR side.  
  2. 'Enable Image Access' on the CG and make sure your ESX host can see the target LUN.

If it cannot see the LUN in question, perform the following corrective actions: 

1. Put the LUN into the Navisphere storage group for the DR host. 
  2. Put the LUN into the Navisphere storage group for the RPAs. 
  3. Rescan the ESX HBAs (and VMFS for non-raw devices).

Geraldo (Mediator)

19 Posts

January 27th, 2012 14:00

Thank you. I will try those. Would you know where I can download the Mirrorview enabler SRA and Replicator enabler SRA for VNX. I can only find the 5.X version and I am running 4.1. Thanks again!

67 Posts

January 30th, 2012 07:00

Hi...can't you install the new version (5.1)? If not, I am searching if I can find the 4.1 for you.

Cheers!

Geraldo.

19 Posts

January 30th, 2012 08:00

Hi Geraldo,

Unfortunately, I have to stay with 4.1. Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

No Events found!