Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

May 25th, 2015 05:00

VNX OE upgrade of device in remote site

I am attempting to upgrade OE on VNX5200 (File) that is located in remote location accessible via high latency and low bandwith connection. I started OE for File installation with USM and it is still copying upgrade package (1+GB) since over 2.5 hours.

• How can I check if this transfer is actually still in progress? (Wizard is displaying same figures since beginning of this step)
  • It there any way to pre-copy upgrade package to VNX to avoid this waiting time during upgrade procedure?

Note: It is NOT possible to install USM closer to remote device.

Best regards,

Jacek

May 26th, 2015 23:00

Hi Jacek,

You cannot check the transfer progress.But you can perform upgrade via cli.

So you will have to transfer the upgrade package to the control station via Winscp and then continue with the upgrade via cli only.You can find the procedure in Solve Desktop to perfrom upgrade via cli.

You can download solve desktop from Support.emc.com

Thanks

Jyothi

May 27th, 2015 00:00

AFAIK Solve Desktop is not available for end users :-(

BTW: Upgrade has been successfully completed as upgrade package copy had been completed overnight. What worries me more is similar issue that was observed in not so remote location.

May 27th, 2015 14:00

Have you tried asking EMC to perform the upgrade?  If you have an active support contract they should be able to take care of this for you.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

May 27th, 2015 21:00

only if you have premium support contract

No Events found!