Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 20th, 2017 10:00

VNX replication enabler for SRM missing from SRA bundle

When I go to the VMware site to download the SRA for a VNX2 and SRM v6.1, (titled EMC VNX SRA with VNX Replicator Enabler) all that is in the kit is the install for the SRA itself. The enabler is not in the zip file.

The title of the download implies that the VNX enabler should be in the kit.

If I look at a EMC Mirrorview SRA, there is an enabler in the bundle.

If I look at the v5.0 version of the VNX replicator kit, there is an enabler in the bundle as well.

So I think there is a kit posted that is missing a key element to get VMware SRM off the ground.

Can anyone point me to a location where I can find the proper enabler?

I have tickets opened with both VMware and Dell/EMC and both are coming up empty..

In the meantime, I am unable to make progress...

Thanks

35 Posts

December 9th, 2017 06:00

Just to close this out, I was able to get this enabler from EMC. They provided it to me privately via a FTP site. That was a couple weeks ago now.

They are supposed to go back and get it added to the SRA zip file on the VMware website, but as of this writing, its not there yet

8.6K Posts

November 21st, 2017 02:00

Please open a service request so that this can be worked through the regular channels

customer service can also provide you the enabler - a forum will not

35 Posts

November 21st, 2017 06:00

Thank you Rainier_EMC. I opened a SR previous to posting this to the community, and unfortunately, customer service has not yet been able to locate the enabler.

I was hoping this post might be able to provide an alternate path to locating the missing element.

Jim

35 Posts

November 21st, 2017 08:00

No, I do not mean anything on the array itself. This is an enabler that is installed on the Windows machine along with the SRA. The kit is downloaded from the VMware site (SRA's for Site Recovery Manager). Its my understanding that Dell/EMC provides the package, and VMware is responsible for QA and posting.

So far, Customer Service has come up empty and this is with internal escalations. Hopefully, something will turn up soon

8.6K Posts

November 21st, 2017 08:00

please keep pushing customer service

there is no public place for customers to download enablers

but maybe its a misunderstanding

do you mean this for the VNX async file replication ?

the file side doesnt use enablers - it uses licenses

check with nas_license or Unisphere

62 Posts

November 21st, 2017 23:00

Hello,

I think here is some miss understanding. The VMware site recovery adapter adapter does not contain any replication licenses. It is just providing the "interface" that the high level srm functionality is translated into array level commands for the different arrays and replication technologies.

So if you want to use VMware SRM the replication between  two array has to be licensed and configured before installing and configuring Site recovery manager.

In Case of a VNX it is either. VNX replicator for file replication between arrays when you are using NFS datastores and Mirrorview Synchronous or Asynchronous for block level replication. So check what you have purchased and the customer service will assist in installing the purchased functionality .

35 Posts

December 11th, 2017 09:00

SR# 09194129

8.6K Posts

December 11th, 2017 09:00

thanks for the feedback

could you post your SR number?

No Events found!