Start a Conversation

Unsolved

W

1 Message

June 3rd, 2020 06:00

VNXe 3150 Firmware update problem

We have an old VNXe that we're repurposing to a near line storage role and the support contract has expired. Currently it has software version 2.4.1.21171 on it and I am trying to update it to the latest on the download page, 2.4.5.23339. I appear to have successfully downloaded the file (several times, even tried older versions) however when I try to upload the file it complains that the file should end in .bin.gpg where the file just ends in .gpg. I've to renamed the file to the way it wants which gets it to upload but it then fails once it tries to work with the file.

Is there some interim step I'm missing? Should there be some other file I need on the system first?

• 

6.9K Posts

June 3rd, 2020 15:00

Hello WolfR1der,

Log on to Unisphere in a different Web browser and try uploading the file again. If

this does not work, try restarting the Unisphere software by doing the following:

• In Unisphere, go to Settings > Service System > Restart Management

Software.

You must also ensure that the upgrade file name is correct. The upgrade file name

must match the name of the upgrade file listed on the EMC Online Support website.

If you tried to download the file more than once, it may have a [1] suffix in the file

name. This may lead to VNXe recognizing it as an invalid file.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

No Events found!