I am sorry if this has been asked here before. I have been trying to search for a solution but to no avail.
I have a vnxe3100 what has been in use for some time. I decided to set it up for my lab, and initially when I logged in, It has whole bunch of old configuration etc. which I didn't need so I just quickly googled and on how to factory reset the system.
I basically put both the controllers in service mode, and then clicked on reinitialize. That was 5 days ago, I have since not been able to get the the system back up again.
I tried using the connection utility, and using the usb stick to assign the ip address and that didn't work either.
I tried doing svc_reinit & svc_reimage from cli(using the serial cable and service login) but I am not getting anywhere.
Any idea on what I can/should do? it was working fine prior to me reinitializing..
Output of svc_diag
======== Now executing basic state ========
* System Friendly Host Name is: Unable to determine system hostname.
* System Serial Number is: ****
* Current Software version:
* Unisphere IP address(es): Unable to determine IP address
* SSH Status: SSH is disabled on this system.
* Boot Mode: Rescue_Mode
* Post Faults: No faults detected. (code 0x0000)
* Backend Faults: No faults detected. (code 0x0000)
* Boot Control Faults: No faults detected. (code 0x0000)
* Rescue Reason: No faults detected. (code 0x0000)
* SP Service Hint Code: <None>
*** WARNING *** This Storage Processor is in Service Mode *** WARNING ***
*** Run "svc_diag" to view system info or "help" for service commands ***
Thanks for all your help.
Take a look at this KB
EMC Knowledge Article 331888 : VNXe: How to re-image a VNXe storage processor? (Dell EMC Correctable)
If SP is still in service mode, use the following commands to return to normal mode. • svc_rescue_state -c • svc_shutdown -r