Highlighted
Benz-Stevens
1 Copper

VNXe3300 (access to CIFS shares) mapping shares as another user to the one who you have logged into the system as

Hi All,

I have a VNXe3300 with a CIFS server joined to domain "test" and active directory is enabled

For systems on the domain "test" i am able to access the CIFS server and shares from the user that i have logged on as

However for example if I am logged on as administrator and when i try and map \\CIFSServer\<share> as a different user (Domain Admin) then it is giving me the following error message

"The account is not authorized to log in from this station"

For systems not on the domain "test"

When trying to map \\CIFSServer\<share> using Domain Admin credentials then it is giving me the same error message as above

"The account is not authorized to log in from this station"

I have gone into windows mmc connected to the CIFS server and the shares have permissions for everyone set to "full control"

What can I check and modify? HELP !!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
VNxe
1 Copper

Re: VNXe3300 (access to CIFS shares) mapping shares as another user to the one who you have logged into the system as

If the user has permission on the share and still you are getting errors related to the credentials, authorizations then you should check the time skew between VNXe and DC . Also VNXe and the system from which you are trying to access the shares.

Please check the clock skew because windows authentication works on Kerberos and kerberos is time sensitive protocol. If there is a time difference then the authentication will fail and you will get autorization and authentication errors.

Benz-Stevens
1 Copper

Re: VNXe3300 (access to CIFS shares) mapping shares as another user to the one who you have logged into the system as

The times are synchronized between systems and the DC as well as between the VNXe. Still getting issues. Any other ideas.

0 Kudos
bergec
3 Argentium

Is there a trust relationship between the 2 domains?

Claude

0 Kudos
Benz-Stevens
1 Copper

One of the systems is not on a domain at it is windows xp home edition in a workgroup. Apparently it was possible wih netapp.

0 Kudos
nasemc
1 Copper

Please verify that the SMB signing security signature is disabled on the Windows client\server getting the authentication failure:

SERVER
HKLM>System>CurrentControlSet>Services>lanmanserver>parameters:

enablesecuritysignature [REG_DWORD] = 0x0
requiresecuritysignature [REG_DWORD] = 0x0

CLIENT
HKLM>System>CurrentControlSet>Services>lanmanworkstation>parameters:

enablesecuritysignature [REG_DWORD] = 0x0
requiresecuritysignature [REG_DWORD] = 0x0

NOTE:

IF disable, the client or server does not support SMB signing.

IF enabled, the client or server supports SMB signing but is NOT required for all transactions

IF Required (requiresecuritysignature=1), the client or server requires SMB signing for all transactions

Please see the following MS article overviewing SMB signing:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/887429/en-us