Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 15th, 2014 06:00

pool internal operations and no space left on pools

Hi all,

a customer is currently experiencing a warning stating that " insufficient free space in a storage pool in case that a pool recovery operation needs to be initiated".

Evironment: VNX5300 with no FAST-VP. Flare 5.32.000.5.215 recently upgraded from 5.31.

Space left is effectively 0%. Customer doesn't use any kind of Snapshot, MV, or need to migrate data. He has only plain Storage Pools made by only 1 tier of disks ( say like all SAS o all NL-SAS).

Where can i find documentation about this space needed for "recovery operations"?

Also, after opening a SR, EMC support stated that "Pool internal operations" cannot be performed when space left is 0%.

Are all these "Pool internal operations" regarding features not used by customer as said above?

I tried to search on support some documentation about this but didn't manage to find.

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Sergio

July 15th, 2014 07:00

Hi,

Please check the KB article  91188, it might help you.

Thanks

Jyothi

15 Posts

July 15th, 2014 08:00

Hi Jyothi,

as described in the article

After the Block OE code is committed, the messages would be gone from the Unisphere dashboard unless the pool has really run out of space.

The customer has currently no space available. So my question is: where can i find docs about space to leave free for recovery operations on pools and internal operations ( also would be good to know what these internal operations are about)?

Thanks

Sergio

No Events found!