Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 6th, 2017 00:00

I am looking for the description of columns of the Vplex Log

Hy,

For example where can i find the description of the column of the director Perpetual Vplex Sys log file ?

Is there a documentation which describe the different logs ?

Best regards, Didier

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 11th, 2017 02:00

Hey Didierv,

Could you please elaborate more?  Which logs are you interested to know the description of it's columns?

Best regards,

Ahmed

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 11th, 2017 03:00

you can find what each column refers to in the first line of the log, try this command:

head -n 1

7 Posts

October 11th, 2017 04:00

Hi,  thanks for your replies.

Yes there is the name of the column in the log. But i'm looking for more description.

For example for the director-x-y-z_PERPETUAL_vplex_sys_perf_mon.log.

Best regards, Didier

89 Posts

October 12th, 2017 16:00

The VPLEX Admin Guide, Chapter 15, starting on p. 286 has information on the statistics.  It's brief (one liner mostly) but it's something hopefully a bit more informative.

https://support.emc.com/docu80976_VPLEX-GeoSynchrony-6.0.1-Administration-Guide.pdf?language=en_US

A large amount of CLI monitor stat, but not quite all, are recorded in the director perpetual monitors, and it varies by system type (Local, Metro-FC, Metro-IP).  So based on the column name, you ought to be able to find a mention of it in the Admin Guide.

Issue "monitor stat-list *" from the VPlexCLI to see what stats you have available for your system type.

Gary

No Events found!