In vplex metro configuration, suppose i have a local device/virtual-volume in cluster-1, and host1 is accessing this virtual-volume via cluster-1, if i migrate this local device to the backend storage in cluster-2(i.e. cross-cluster migration), then:
1. After migration, can host1 still access this virtual-volume ？
2. After migration, which vplex cluster is the new owner of the device and virtual-volume ?
3. After migration, how can another host access the virtual-volume via cluster-2 ?
1) yes , this called a remote export. cluster-2 presents the volume through cluster-1. All reads and writes go over the WAN
3)it is a regular virtual volume so you can put it in a storage view
Thank you for your replay.
1. Does the 'global visible' attribute must be set on the virtual volume before the cross-cluster migration ？
2. Will host1 loss access during the migration ?