Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 3rd, 2015 14:00

Can't create block virtual pool - Hardware fields greyed-out

Hi

Using ViPR V2.3 GUI, I've added physical assets to my environment.

I've created a virtual data center, and a virtual array; I've added two storage systems to the virtual array.

Now I want to create a block virtual pool.  I select Virtual Assets -> Block Virtual Pools.  I click Add.  The next screen I see is the 'Edit Block Virtual Pool' screen.  Huh.  Shouldn't that be the 'Add Block Virtual Pool' screen? The message below flashes on the screen for two seconds then is removed:

"No matching pools for selected virtual arrays. Please revise the selections or verify storage system connectivity"

I don't understand the message. Both of my storage systems have a pool displayed in the Storage Pools display.

Thoughts?

Thanks

tl

November 4th, 2015 01:00

Hi,

In order to have a working virtual array you also need to discover your fabric managers (Cisco or Brocade) where your storage systems are connected. Once you have done that, try to create a virtual pool again, select your virtual array and the pools should show up at the bottom of the screen. If they don't try changing the default filters like number of paths, protocol or type of storage.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

87 Posts

November 4th, 2015 09:00

Thanks for the suggestion.  I confirmed that I had added my fabric manager to my ViPR physical environment. But I noticed that recent discoveries had failed.  I found that someone had shutdown the VM running our CMCNE system.  I restarted the VM, re-did discovery of the fabric manager in ViPR (this time, it succeeded), and re-tried adding the block virtual pool.  This time, the expected information did appear and I was able to add the block virtual pool.

Thanks for the help!

No Events found!