Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 20th, 2015 13:00

Data enrichment, what is the collector for a device

Hi

I want to add fields for location and datacenter to the devices and use the data enrichment.

Is there a way to generate a report that lists all devices and what the collector is for those? It would make it a lot easier to do the enrichment as well as see if a device was forgotten, if I also add the location and DC in that report. Is there a field that has the collector host in it?

Thanks

Andy

89 Posts

February 2nd, 2015 06:00

Hi Andy,

Sorry for the delay. I checked with product management and engineer, and the short answer is no, except for snmp devices (mds and other ip devices).

Regards,

Mark

April 10th, 2015 09:00

Andy - In version 3.6 of ViPR SRM data enrichment has been moved to the property-tagging-filter of the Load Balancer Connector for each collector-server.  So if you decide to set it up, all the collector-managers on a single collector-server will carry the same data enrichment by default.  You can use strings, sqlpatterns, regex, to create exceptions to the default values.

The default properties that are defined for data enrichment are bunit (Business Unit), customer, appli (Application), owner.  You can change these to suit your needs.  I'd suggest you adjust one property-tagging-filter.xml file and the associated CSV file that contains the property values.  Test it, and when that works, copy out to the other servers.  You will probably need to modify the CSV file based on collector-server location.

No Events found!