8 Krypton

Re: Discovering a VNX 7500 with ViPR

Peter, did you figure this out? I would suggest removing the LUN attached to the server and adding the VNX using addsys so it is managed out of band.

Regards

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

And I also want to ask this:  did you, at any point during the lifetime of your ViPR installation, DELETE that storage system using GUI or CLI or API from ViPR?

0 Kudos
PKappy
6 Indium

I have deleted the LUN from the VNX that the host saw and removed the zone to that host.  My ViPR instance still does not see the VNX.

When I first installed ViPR it did see the VNX in the Storage Systems display.  It was discovered out of band  Then I deleted the storage array from the GUI since I wanted to discover it inband.  The ViPR instance hasn't seen the array since then.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
GBson
1 Copper

I had similar issue at a customer site recently. Once you delete the storage array you cannot get VIPR to rediscover as normal. VIPR think its already there and wont rediscover it again.   What you need to do is open a case with support and they can dial-in and fix for you.

0 Kudos
PKappy
6 Indium

When I try to open a support case it indicates I can't because of the license type.  Probably because we're using it inside of EMC.

An error occurred attempting to send the support request to ConnectEMC. [Error 3001 (http: 403): This operation is forbidden due to license check failure.. Permission denied for trial license CONTROLLER.]

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Hi, you can connect directly to support.emc.com and open a Service Request indicating your issue. As you said, ConnectEMC probably doesn't work from within EMC network.

Regards

0 Kudos