Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 20th, 2014 06:00

EMC Host Interface - Windows 2003 32bit

Help Needed...

Is there a step by step procedure or does anyone know how to set this up.  I am running version 3.5.2/6.4u2 and have installed the client on the Windows server.  I have looked a all the procedures I have found on ECN, but none go in-depth.  I have tried all the login and password combinations I can think of, but cannot get the collector to authenticate to the Windows host.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

233 Posts

November 20th, 2014 07:00

Hi,

Other than SolutionPack for EMC Host Interface I am not sure we have any further details.

Can you log into the ECOM conifg GUI of the host agent with the default user name / password (User: admin Password: #1Password )or if you changed the user/password during install use these details?

https://IPadress:5989/ECOMConfig or

http://IPadress:5988/ECOMConfig from within the agent host and from a host on the same network as SRM

Confirm with a 3rd party software like CimNavigator to query the CIMON does it accepts the connections with the user/password and port combination used in SRM?

If all the above test connect successfully and you can log in etc... open an SR with support attaching the required logs to review from the EMC Host Interface Solution Pack host (Run the command /opt/APG/bin/diagnostic.sh and attach the tarball gathered from the host) and from the host where the agent is installed zip up the folder << Host Interface root install>>\EMC\EMC Host Interface\log .

Provide a screenshot of the error you see when you are after adding the device in SRM within Discovery Center >> Host Agent after selecting test. Within the Test result click to show the full results

Regards

Conor

233 Posts

With SRM 3.5 on wards the information for installing the Host agent is available online  Install and Manage EMC Host Interface Software

Regards

Conor

28 Posts

Thanks Conor, I was able to find my answer in the install guide for ver 3.0.1.0 and got it to work.  It is unfortunate that the same level of documentation is not provided in subsequent releases.  The entire process is detailed in the "Installing EMC Host Interface on Windows Server" section.  Thanks for your help.

No Events found!