Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 18th, 2015 00:00

How to discover performance for HDS arrays in ViPR SRM

Hi

Is there anyone that has some ideas on what I'm missing for getting performance metrics from HDS arrays?

We have successfully discovered both the Hitachi Command Suite (HCS) and the individual HDS arrays in ViPR SRM and we are getting the capacity and configuration information from the arrays but not the performance.

Any hints on what to do?

/Lars A

2 Attachments

46 Posts

September 19th, 2015 05:00

Hi All and thank you for your input

We changed the default port number on the FrontEnd server 58080 to 60123 and for some reason we needed to change the HDS SuportPack as it was still using the default port 58080. I found the error in the collecting-0-2.log

Thanks

HDS SupportPack_port_change.jpg

September 18th, 2015 03:00

You require the SMI-S provider in order to discover the performance metrics.

See page 147:

http://www.emc.com/collateral/TechnicalDocument/docu60048.pdf

caphdsa.PNG.png

42 Posts

September 18th, 2015 09:00

Lars,

You also have collection of performance disabled at the moment, which would have to enabled for collection of performance stats to go through.

HDS-PerfColl.PNG.png

-Gayatri

17 Posts

September 18th, 2015 16:00

I haven't got this going but I think all the information has to come from the SMI-S provider as stated above.

We are using Tuning Manager for performance data and had installed HTnM agents on physical hosts with command devices presented.

Couldn't find any more detail in the SRM pages so I looked at the HDS documentation for getting performance data to be reported by the SMI-S provider, in our case the HCS host, and concluded that the Hitachi Device Manager agent would need to be installed on our HTnM agent hosts and SMI-S configured on those for the SMI-S provider to be able to report on performance.

Was hoping someone else may have confirmed this as I haven't been able to try it yet so may be worth investigating if there are no other ideas. I'd be interested if you do find a way of getting performance data so please update your post. Thanks

No Events found!