Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 18th, 2014 10:00

SRM Polling Settings (ver 3.0.2)

In the past few weeks I have run into (3) issues with SRM polling devices.  The first is the SNMP daemon crashing and restarting on MDS and Nexus switches, the next was all of the SNMP daemons on the Nexus switches stopped requiring Cisco to install a temp patch on the system that gave them access to the Linux kernel in order to reset the service (we ended up having to reboot 1 switch which was a disruption to our fabric).  The last happened today with a VPlex management server where if you typed 1 or 2 commands the java process ran out f memory.  I did not see any advisory on this regarding changing any of the polling information.  I think the problem is how often or how much information SRM tries to gather at one time.  On the MDS and Nexus switches I am narrowing it down to the SNMPGetBulk request.  I have turned this off and have not seen any SNMPd crashes.  On the VPlexes it was a max sessions command changed from the default of 10 to 20.  Can anyone telll me if there is a document addressing this?  We are in the beginning stages of upgrading to ViPR SRM 3.5.  Thanks.

116 Posts

July 18th, 2014 13:00

Hello T-bobk,

We haven't seen anything documenting this issue.  I suggest you open a ticket through Customer Support.

Paula

28 Posts

July 18th, 2014 14:00

Paula, below are some of the
knowledgebase articles on ViPR SRM "Support by Product" site.

Article
Number:000184791 Version:2

SRM Suite 3.0: Cannot connect to VPLEX Management
Station because SRM is polling VPLEX too frequently; How can we change the SRM
VPLEX SolutionPack collection polling interval?

Article
Number:000188293 Version:2

ViPR SRM/Watch4Net: Performance of Cisco MDS switches
is impacted by ViPR SRM 3.0

Article
Number:000184715 Version:2

SRM Suite/Watch4net: "Time Out while polling table"
and skipping next Polling Cycle; How to increase the polling cycle for specific
SNMP collector devices

Article Number:000186813
Version:1

SRM : Very high workload/CPU utilization on VNX Control Station
after SRM file collector is enabled

July 22nd, 2014 11:00

Both articles 000186813 (VNX) and 000184791 (VPLEX) seem to be addressed as of ViPR SRM 3.0.2.  In the case of VPLEX, changes were made to limit simultaneous requests from ViPR SRM to the VPLEX management station.  In addition, there is a patch available for VPLEX 5.2 and 5.3 to fix resource leaks that should also be applied.

No Events found!