Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 15th, 2018 05:00

SyncIQ options in ViPR

Hi

Isilon SyncIQ policy definition has the below options.  How can these be achieved (configured) within ViPR controller?

Action: Copy / Synchronize

Run SyncIQ job: Manual / On a Schedule / Whenever Source is modified

Please can someone help me with a high level config flow within ViPR?

I am particularly interested in setting the replication option (copy/sync) in ViPR and how to run a replication on a schedule?

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Regards, Ram.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 10th, 2018 22:00

In addition, ViPR-C supports only the "Synchronize" replication option of Isilon.  The "Copy" option is not supported. 

I believe, when replication is setup, we will have to choose the "Synchronous" option (although Isilon only does Async replication).

Regards, Ram.

March 28th, 2018 11:00

** the info below was shared with Ram previously, but I am adding it here for others to see as well **

I can't seem to insert my screen shots in my reply, but I suggest that if your looking for some info on this topic, you

should log into Vipr-C, click "help" and search on "synciq" to get:

Storage port registration as a Disaster Recovery port

For Isilon systems, it is recommended that there be a dedicated SmartConnect Zone for data access, per SyncIQ Policy, rather than sharing the SmartConnect Zone between policies. After a port is registered as a Disaster Recovery port, the dedicated port is picked up for SyncIQ activities.

To register a storage port as a Disaster Recovery port:

1. Select Physical > Storage Systems.
  2. Locate the row for the storage system in which the ports reside.
  3. Click Ports in the Edit column.
  4. Select the box in the first column of the port row.
  5. Click Set as DR Port to register the storage port as a Disaster Recovery port, or Unset as DR Port to de-register the storage port as a Disaster Recovery port.

Or

Search on "Isilon" and check out the hit that says "File Protection Policy Templates":

File Protection Policy Templates

Use the Virtual > File Protection Policy Templates page to view, create, edit, and delete file protection policies for Isilon. You can create file snapshot policies and file replication policies and apply them at the Virtual Pool, Project, or File System level. Policies are multi-tenant aware and have controlled access.

The ViPR Controller roles required for file protection policy management are as follows:

Table 1. File Protection Policy role requirements

Function

Role requirements

Create/edit policy template

System Administrator, System Monitor

Create vPool

System Administrator, System Monitor

Policy assignment at vPool level

System Administrator

Policy assignment at Project level

System Administrator AND System Monitor

Policy assignment at File System level

System Administrator AND System Monitor

The File Protection Policy Templates page lists the file protection policies and the following attributes:

Table 2. File Protection Policy attributes

Column name

Description

Selection column

Select one or more rows and click Delete to delete the file protection policies.

Select one or more rows and click Assign Policy to assign the policies to one or more virtual pools, projects, or file systems.

Select one or more rows and click Unassign Policy to unassign the policies.

Name

The name of the file protection policy.

Type

The file protection policy type: File Snapshot Policy, File Replication Policy.

Applied At

The level at which the policy is applied: Virtual Pool, Project, File System.

vPool(s)

The Virtual Pools to which the policy is assigned.

Project(s)

The projects to which the policy is assigned.

Priority

The policy priority: High, Low

Description

A description of the policy.

Note Image

Scheduled policies from earlier ViPR Controller versions are migrated to File Protection Policy Templates during an upgrade. They can be found under Virtual > File Protection Policy Templates and have the following Description: "Policy created from virtual pool replication while system upgrade."

No Events found!