Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 26th, 2017 02:00

Updating Custom Report

Hi

A little while ago I created a custom report to see a dashboard related to a host and the storage it uses.  We have now migrated to a XtremIO from a VNX, but when I try and change the array type it doesn't show the complete listing like below

image.jpg

6 Posts

May 26th, 2017 02:00

I have a copy of the XML if someone requires it.

141 Posts

May 30th, 2017 11:00

Hi mattyboy,

You probably need to edit the filter a bit more, this could also be caused by the components types used in the report that may differ between XtremIO and VNX.

The best would be to open a service request to have a look over webex.

Regards,

Isaka

14 Posts

May 30th, 2017 13:00

Hello mattyboy,

Device filters for XtremIO and VNX are different because, today, SRM does not standardize components across different arrays models.  In conversation we comprehend the equivalence between a XtremIO Volume and a VNX LUN, SRM does not however.  You might be able to expand on your filtering to include both XtremIO Volume and VNX Lun and expand your table to have XtremIO data but you are going to have empty cells as well.  It might not translate to your graph either. The two other alternatives I can think of are to create a XtremIO report to mimic the current VNX report or try to standardize the data sets yourself and bring it all together.  But this is just based off of my experience so far with SRM, and I'm still learning.

No Events found!