Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 4th, 2014 07:00

Uptime Bulletin for SRM or Similiar Document

Does anyone know if there is a document like this?  Some of the topics that would be good for this document are....

1) What are the known bugs in the current release?

a) So far with EMC M&R v6.4 - 50085, I have found the following bugs issues

I) When moving items into the "Favorite Reports" tab, the reports are blank when you run them

II) After installing the Centera SolutionPack the CPU uitilization on a Windows server spikes to 100%

III) The resource requirements for version 3.5/EMC M&R v6.4 - 50085 are much higher than previous versions

2) What are the target/compatible versions of software, OE, etc of the devices/systems being monitored?

a) Currently we will not monitor our new VNX-7600s as there could be a bugcheck with the version of code we are running while monitoring with SRM

3) Will there be comprehensive documentation with the upcoming patch for 3.5/EMC M&R v6.4 - 50085 that will cover fixes and items that are known and not fixed in the release?

Thanks.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 4th, 2014 09:00

I too would like to see a list of the known issues with SRM as well as the other ViPR solutions.

It would be useful to actually have two lists, one with known issues, and the other with tips, tuning suggestions, and other operational hints.  Things that are not necessarily product issues, but shared knowledge about how people are finding ways to make the product work better.

-Robert

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 8th, 2014 10:00

Hi T-bobk,  I believe the closest document to the one you mention in your post that we currently have is the release notes that accompanies every release.  There are SRM and M&R Platform release notes. The release notes cover new features/fixes in the release and known issues and limitations with the release.  We just released 3.5.1 and there are release notes that accompany it, please review them and let me know if it is the type of information you are after here.  I don't think that all of your issues you cite above were covered in the 3.5 release notes but that is the place where I would want to add them in the future and where you should find things like that called out.

28 Posts

September 8th, 2014 13:00

Ethan,

What I was hoping for was something more proactive, timely and comprehensive.  The (2) major issues I have listed above would have been nice to know before I called support.  I have started using the knowledge base more and that has been helpful.  It would be nice to have another tab above with current issues customers are experiencing.  If they turn out to be valid then some type of confirmed or known status should be added so that anyone that is using ViPR SRM could look and quickly see if the bug/issue they are expriencing is valid or not.  What tends to happen is the entire process gets recreated over and over for each customer which is not a good use of thiers or EMCs resources.  It took a lot of time with support for both the favorites and Centera issues before EMC would admit these are know issues/bugs.

Lastly, I think you do have the document that I am looking for called the support matrix.  This is very useful, but if anything changes between when the original was released with the respective version of software an addendum needs to be published indicating the changes for the new patch, minor release, etc.

I also want to thank everyone for their input and ask all ENCers get involved.  If we want to make this community work we need to be actively involved and post your questions, comments, suggestions or whatever to make all our jobs easier, less stressful and more enjoyable.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 8th, 2014 18:00

That makes sense and our goal is to get this valuable information out as proactively as we can independent of any release cadence.  I will explore how we can improve this information flow including talking to CS on knowledge base improvements.  Thanks for all your feedback and involvement in the community.

No Events found!