Highlighted
2 Bronze

ViPR SRM can manage 3rd party array though VPLEX and its SP?

Jump to solution

Hello, I want to ask this question, I found in the ViPR SRM Support Matrix list that it support VPLEX through SolutionPack for VPLEX.

1)

So Is this means: if some 3rd party array is not listed in ViPR SRM Support Matrix BUT it is supported by VPLEX,  so the SRM can manage the 3rd party array as same as array which is listed in Support Matrix?

2)

if Yes, that would be impact of performance of SRM to manage it ?

Thanks. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
3 Argentum

Re: ViPR SRM can manage 3rd party array though VPLEX and its SP?

Jump to solution

SRM supports a large number of arrays.

SRM also supports VPLEX.

But it doesn't (yet) support all those arrays behind VPLEX.  We've only tested/certified a subset of the SRM arrays behind a VPLEX.  Put another way, VPLEX does not "hide" all the unique array characteristics in such a way that SRM doesn't care what kind of array is there.

Hope that helps.

Dan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
3 Argentum

Jump to solution

ViPR SRM supports a specific set of arrays behind a VPLEX, based on testing of those specific configurations in our test labs.  We are always adding to that list.  The supported set is limited to those documented in the Support Matrix.

Dan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Hi Dan , Thanks for your reply, but I am still not very clear about it .

So you mean, the ViPR SRM can support some another 3rd party array model through VPLEX, but it is only for some specific configuration not for common? My understanding is right?

My question again  is  "ViPR SRM can manage some 3rd party array which is NOT listed on the ViPR Support Support Matrix  through VPLEX".

Because my array supported by VPLEX but we don't have the SP for integrating ViPR SRM, the SRM can support VPLEX, so I figured it may be a work around.

Thanks , and sorry about my poor language.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

Jump to solution

SRM supports a large number of arrays.

SRM also supports VPLEX.

But it doesn't (yet) support all those arrays behind VPLEX.  We've only tested/certified a subset of the SRM arrays behind a VPLEX.  Put another way, VPLEX does not "hide" all the unique array characteristics in such a way that SRM doesn't care what kind of array is there.

Hope that helps.

Dan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos