Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 6th, 2016 13:00

ViPR SRM custom report listing all LUNs

I have been trying (in vain) to create a custom ViPR SRM report that will give me the following information for all arrays in one tabular report:

ArrayID     LUNID          LUNCapacity     LUNUsedCapacity          ServerHostName

-----------     -----------         ---------------------    ---------------------------           --------------------------

000233      0112               8.43                    6.02                              myserver

000334      1ACD            16.88                   12.33                            myserver

Note: We only use PassiveHost discovery at our company (long story) and I have tried to approach things from the PassiveHost-side (and failed) and then I thought that for VMAX arrays I might be able to use a complex grouping expansion to extract the server's hostname from the StorageGroup name (which is is the format "SG_servername").  I got a little further using this method, but I can't seem to make the jump from the storage group to the lun so that I can get the space metrics about the lun.  I've tried lots of things, but right now I'm trying to use a complex grouping 'split' operation to join the lunname to the part attribute, but this is not working.

I've been at this for a few days now and can't figure out how get a report like this working.  Do you have any suggestions on a good approach to accomplish a report such as this?

Thanks,
REID

141 Posts

October 11th, 2016 07:00

Hi Reid,

This should be achievable, however complex expansion can be tricky to use; have you seen DannoOfNashville article about complex expansion ? He used an example that maps datastores to LUN's which should give you a good base to start with.

There are also some useful explanation about complex expansion on page 74 of the APG-Frontend-User-Guide.pdf which you should have in /APG/Doc of your frontend host.

Regards,

Isaka

1 Rookie

• 

11 Posts

October 11th, 2016 08:00

Hi Reid,

There is an out of the box report that will give you most of what you want and will be a good starting point. The report is titled "Connected LUNs". In a 3.7 system you can find the report under All>>Explore>>Storage>>More Reports>>More Storage Inventories. In a 4.0 system the report is located under "Explore>>Storage". Copy this report to My Reports and be sure to include parent filter. Remove any columns that you do not want. Finally, add the value columns of Capacity and UsedCapacity.

Regards,

Roy

14 Posts

October 11th, 2016 11:00

Roy,

Thanks for the response.  There are so many reports in SRM and I don't think I ever stumbled upon that one.  You are correct, very close to what I want, so I'll start with that!

Thanks again,

Reid

No Events found!