Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 1st, 2015 22:00

ViPR SRM - solutionpack "EMC VNX" configuration

I am configuring a brand new installation of ViPR SRM 3.6. I've just installed the storage SolutionPack "EMC VNX".

A couple of questions:

1) While configuring the Discovery Center with credentials for the VNX array, the "Test" connectivity is resulting in a yellow alert triangle. Where can I find logs to see which connection is failing? And what method it is using to authenticate?

2) I have installed NavisecCLI 7.33.3.0.72 for Windows on the collector host for block storage. The solutionpack document states that the collector method for file storage is XML API / SSH. Does this mean I need to install an SSH program for Windows on the collector too?

Thanks for any help and insight into this issue.

32 Posts

March 31st, 2015 12:00

Good afternoon,

In the Discovery Center, you can left-click on the yellow triangle and it will give you the test results.  I'll bet you a cup of coffee at EMC World that you will see a failure on testing SSH connectivity to the secondary control station on your VNX.  This is to be expected because your secondary is never active when the primary is working.  Several EMC IEs have suggested leaving the secondary CS IP address empty.

For your second question, you do not have to have any SSH program installed on the collector.  SRM will just query on port 443 to connect to your SPs and gather information.  You can look at the VNX collector logs under Logical Overview to see what happens when it connects.

I hope this helps,

Daniel

3 Posts

April 20th, 2015 20:00

Thank you, sir. We've moved further along in our troubleshooting of the configuration. Your suggestion of not populating the secondary CS IP address helped eliminate one more error. So yes, I owe you a cup of coffee if I ever make it to EMC World!

No Events found!