Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 8th, 2015 00:00

Dell 2950 Server Processor support .

Hi Experts,

I have recently purchased Dell 2950 for virtualisation and came to know it donot support Nested Virtualisation after installation of Vmware.

Now i am looking for processor which is compatible with this Motherboard of 2950 and support INTEL VT/EPT , please guide me in selecting the processor.

http://ark.intel.com/products/33080/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5410-12M-Cache-2_33-GHz-1333-MHz-FSB

<ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

Regards

Syed Faizullah

<ADMIN NOTE: Phone number removed per privacy policy>

• 

6.2K Posts

May 8th, 2015 14:00

Hello

There is no processor I'm aware of that supports Intel's version of Second Level Address Translation(SLAT) that they call Extended Page Table(EPT) compatible with the 2950. I just searched online to find out when Intel introduced this technology, it was introduced with the Nehalem architecture. Our first line of servers that supported the Nehalem architecture were 11th generation, there may be some second or third revision 10th generation systems that support it as well. The 2950 is a 9th generation system.

Thanks

2 Posts

May 8th, 2015 15:00

Thanks a lot Daniel so it means there is not compatible processor available for Intel VT/EPT  on 2950 Dell Server.

Regards

Syed.

No Events found!