Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 14th, 2011 10:00

License Error

Hi all!

I'm trying to install Dell Plugin for vCenter on my company. All works ok until adds hosts to plugin. In this moment, a screen is displayed with the next error:
Failed to verified The LicenseConfig file.
Severity error: CRITICAL
Error CODE: 2000
TIME (Appliance Server Time): 2011-07-08T12:59:33.533+02:00
Details: Make sure that the License File is not corrupted or is properly signed.

I Try with Another Explorer (IE8 and FF5), Factory Reset, etc. Always with no results.
My version is licensed and downloaded from Downloadstore.dell.com.

Thanks you in advance!

Regards:

Antonio Osuna

18 Posts

July 14th, 2011 22:00

Hi,

Did you upload the license that came with the package via the Administration Portal earlier? Or, are you using the default license already loaded in the plug-in?

Can you try this,

1. Unregister the existing plug-in via the Administration Portal.
2. Install a new appliance.
3. After setting up the admin password login to the Administration Portal and upload the license provided with the package.
4. Then register the plug-in and start using the appliance.

I hope this will work.

-Irfan

8 Posts

July 15th, 2011 10:00

Hi Irfan

I'd upload the license file (bin extension) from package following user guide. I'll try next week to unregister and deploy a new appliance with yours steps.
I'll tell you news.

Many Thanks!

8 Posts

July 20th, 2011 06:00

Hi Irfan

Now is working!

I've another question:
Can I install the appliance in two vcenter in differents physical networks? With this, i can keep the firewall with my actual settings and prevent traffic between sites.
Thanks for you support

Regards:

Antonio

18 Posts

July 20th, 2011 08:00

Hi,

Good to know that it has started working. I would like to know the memory/RAM amount of your dell plug-in appliance. If it is 2 Gigs, increase it to 3 and/or 4 Gigs. I had another user with the same issue and increasing the memory from 2 to 3 Gigs fixed it.

Yes you can use the same appliance to register with multiple/2 vCenters in the different networks as long as the appliance can communicate with the vCenters.

8 Posts

July 20th, 2011 12:00

Hi

I´ll check it tomorrow but i think that it is 3Gigs because I did not change the VM Memory this time.. and 1st try I decrease it to 2 Gigs... Ummm Curious ;-)

Thanks

18 Posts

July 20th, 2011 16:00

The minimum memory requirements for the appliance if 3.5 Gb as described in the OVF discriptor but it can be overriden by the vCenter policy. So if your memory is already 3.5 Gb then you do not need to decrease it.

8 Posts

July 27th, 2011 05:00

Hi Irfan

Today I test to decrease memory for the appliance (2Gigs) to watch if it produces the licence error, and BOOM!, error reappears!
I'm back to 3'5 Gigs and works again.

Another question:
1.- I need to configure OMSA & ESXi (both) to send traps to Appliance, is it right? I'd like to generate HW alarms (traps from vCenter to my Management Software).
2.- Where can I configure community in appliance? If i can not, wich is default community?
3.- I need port list used between Appliance and vCenter because I have a firewall. In UGuide only appears:
Admin portal: 80, 443
Discovery: 4433
SNMP Listener 162 & 11620
NFS Shares: 2049, 4001, 4002, 4003, 4004

Thanks for your support!

18 Posts

July 27th, 2011 22:00

1. You need to configure trap destination on either one of those. Both use the same trap destination. You can either login to OMSA console/WebUI and set the trap destination or can use the VMware CLI to set the trap destination directly on the ESXi host. The trap destination would be the appliance IP Address.

2. The default community is "public" and we don't have the option to change community in the appliance.

3. Yes the user guide is mentioning all the ports used by the appliance.

162 Posts

July 7th, 2022 22:00

Errors may occur if the license file is corrupted or if licenses have been combined incorrectly. Use the License File Parser to verify the license contains the appropriate products and Feature Codes. If they are not present, generate a new license file from the Autodesk Account.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

No Events found!