Highlighted
Scott Hanson
3 Cadmium

Personal thanks to you !

... and I thought I would be the first to destroy a LUN on our SAN. Yeah ! , free pass for me ... Todd is human ! with all the miracles I've seen you work in the lab and your love of Star Wars, I was beginning to think your were a dark Sith lord !
0 Kudos
2 Replies
kwb1
1 Copper

RE: Personal thanks to you !

Sounds like when you brought up the windows server and started the DIsk Management snap-it, it saw the LUN(s) and asked you if you wanted to write signatures to the new disks. You "without thinking", said yes.

One consultant, I had in suggested disabling the wizard, before connecting the fiber. (or iSCSI)

To disable the "write signature and upgrade disk"wizard:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329707

1. Start Registry Editor.
2. Locate and then click the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft
3. On the Edit menu, click Add Key, type Logical Disk Manager for the key name, and then click OK.
4. Click the newly created Logical Disk Manager key.
5. On the Edit menu, click Add Value, type Dont Show InitWizard for the value name, click REG_DWORD for the data type, and then click OK. Type 1 for the data value.

To reactivate the wizard in the future, change the data value back to 0.
Note After you disable the wizard, if you have to write a disk signature on a new disk, right-click the physical disk number in Disk Management, and then click Write Signature.

0 Kudos
Scott Hanson
3 Cadmium

RE: Personal thanks to you !

Great suggestion ! ... I think Todd has been much more careful, and he always appreciates me bringing it up in conversation, so thanks for re-opening this thread 🙂
0 Kudos