121x
1 Nickel

Creating Portal Views Based on Resource Pools

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I am in the process of trying to create custom portals for each of our customers. We have customers grouped into resource pools. What I am trying to accomplish is to add all systems from within a resource group into the portal view. If I drag over the resource pool, it displays the metrics only for the resource pool holistically. I want all systems WITHIN the resource pool to display and show the memory, cpu and other metrics that I specify, individually, without having to add each machine individually. I do not want to have to add each machine individually, because there are hundreds. But on top of that, I want to be certain that if new guests are added to these resource pools in the future that they are automatically added to the portal for visibility as well.

It appears I did this once already, but I cannot figure out how I did it. The views. data, etc. functionality for the portal view is almost overwhelming in the amount of data that is available to monitor and customize. And it is easy to forget.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

RE: Creating Portal Views Based on Resource Pools

Jump to solution

Hi,

You can get a "Service" view of all your VM's by using the Services/Service Builder. Create a service, then you can add VM's to this new service by utilizing rules when you add components.

Is this what you are looking for?

Regards,

Kevin

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

RE: Creating Portal Views Based on Resource Pools

Jump to solution

Hi,

You can get a "Service" view of all your VM's by using the Services/Service Builder. Create a service, then you can add VM's to this new service by utilizing rules when you add components.

Is this what you are looking for?

Regards,

Kevin

0 Kudos